I'm into trying out new things, food-wise, learning new skills and dishes. This week's experiment was my very own Egg Fried Rice with some twists. I've written down the recipe with some improvements so that you can try it out for yourself:
Eve’s Egg Fried Rice
Ingredients: (Serves 1 with a large appetite)
- ½ Cup Rice
- ½ Onion, chopped
- ¾ Cup Peas/Sweetcorn
- 200g Chicken, defrosted
- 2 Eggs, beaten (seasoned as you wish)
- Ensure chicken is defrosted. If using defrost function on microwave, make sure it doesn't begin to cook the chicken.
- Set water for rice away to boil
- Slice chicken into thin strips and onions into small pieces
- When rice is at least halfway cooked, fry chicken. Add any herbs or spices.
- Remove chicken from frying pan, then fry onions.
- Add in peas/sweetcorn
- Mix rice in with peas and onions in the pan
- Move your rice mix to the sides, leaving a well in the middle
- Pour egg mixture into the well and cook (attempt to scramble)
- Mix scrambled egg into rice mix
- Mix in chicken
- Cook until satisfied
As you can see, I'm not the most articulate when it comes to writing recipes, seeing as this is my first one. Feel free to leave a comment if you're confused by anything! And if you do try it, send me a picture or tell me how it tasted for you!
Love Eve <3