Saturday 31 January 2015

January Favourites 2015 ~ Pen and Key

So, today, I'm going to try out a new thing. I know Maya's going to be filming a favourites video soon enough, but I want to try it and see how well I can go about it.


Body Shop ~ Lip Butter and Body Butter ~ Strawberry


As I mentioned in my anniversary post, I want to focus more on me this year, mentally and physically. I've loved the Body Shop strawberry range ever since I first found out about it, and even more so in the last few months. The lip butter has been especially helpful after my realisation that I need to take better care of my lips, because they get chapped so easily, I swear. Also, who doesn't love the smell of strawberry?

Avon Nailwear Pro+ Top Coat ~ Destination Peach


I've been wearing this matte top coat to school for the last few weeks. As you can see, I've already used a good amount of the stuff. It has a really pretty sheen to it, even when you wear it over a clear coat of polish (how I've been wearing it for the last few weeks).

Classics Pump it Up Nail Polish Remover


I swear, I will stop with beauty-related things in a second. I don't know if I've told anyone this, but my dog has been sleeping on my bed a lot recently, and a couple of weeks ago, at about 5 in the morning for a few days, he would get up and start wandering around my bed. It got so annoying. Then, one day, I discovered my bottle of nail polish remover on the floor, top off, nearly empty. Thankfully, my laptop was under my pillow that night, or I may have had a bit of a problem. However, because of that, I now have a stained table leg and wallpaper. After that, we decided to try a different approach. Rather than a lid that you can forget to screw on properly, this bottle clicks in place so that it can't be pumped to release remover.

Law of the Lycans Series - Nicky Charles


As well as the Maze Runner Series, I've been reading the Law of the Lycans series on my kindle and my phone (my battery hates me for downloading the kindle app). When it comes to detailed universes, even though this is set in modern America, this series is up there. It includes so many details about Lycan lore, I'd love an entire book just explaining it all. I also love how each of the stories are intertwined. Like in the prequel, Bonded, Damien, Ryne and Kane are introduced as small characters, who later go on to have their own books (Betrayed, The Keeping and The Mating, respectively). It's a really cool detail I'll have to think about using. (Note: these books do get explicit at points, so if you don't want to read something like that, don't even bother, I don't want to be blamed)

BiC Brite Liners


Now I'm halfway through year 10, GCSEs are a whole lot more real. So, I'm taking a whole lot more care and attention for my lessons, as a lot of it is course work that leads up to controlled assessments or information I'm going to have to study for my exams. In order to do this, my work has become a lot more colourful. I myself am a visual learner, so having things that are bright and colourful really help me to notice things. We found these in Lidl a while back, and we found them again the other day, so I may have a second set as a back up :)
* * * * *
That's all the favourites I can think of, really. I'll try and keep this going, I enjoyed talking about products I like. Maybe I'll start reviews or something like that. I swear, I will try and get a post about braces up sometime, seeing as I've had them for a year. Have a good weekend everybody, Eve <3

1 comment: